East Dulwich (Mobile) Forum

Is it just me or is Broadchurch rubbish

Don't get the hype at all.

Line of Duty on the other hand...
I've never seen Broadchurch, but saw bits of both on Gogglebox recently, and as a result have zoomed through season 1 of Line of Duty, and now started season 2. From the clips I saw, Broadchurch didn't appeal to me at all.

Ooo, and Big Little Lies is great!
Both are great
I'm very fond of Vera
And she quite fancies you as well.

Seabag Wrote:

I'm very fond of Vera
I've stuck with Broadchurch, but last night's denouement was a dreadful letdown. As formulaic as Agatha Christie but with Scandi-noir pretensions.
Broadchurch was good the first time around, but the 2nd and 3rd series, I got bored and I couldn't stand the accents. Line of Duty is superb, from the first series, it has kept crisp and brilliantly acted.
Thandie Newton is rather dull in Line of Duty.
I've not seen Broadchurch as not a fan of David Tennant but after seeing clips of Line of Duty on Gogglebox, decided to catch up on this series and I am hooked, great acting all around, edge of seat stuff! Will be watching the earlier series when this one finished.

Oh and for the record - I think Balaclava Man is Nick Huntley's solicitor friend!
Otta Wrote:

Ooo, and Big Little Lies is great!

It's so good. The soundtrack is brilliant too [open.spotify.com]
Vik Wrote:

I've not seen Broadchurch as not a fan of David
Tennant but after seeing clips of Line of Duty on
Gogglebox, decided to catch up on this series and
I am hooked, great acting all around, edge of seat
stuff! Will be watching the earlier series when
this one finished.

Oh and for the record - I think Balaclava Man is
Nick Huntley's solicitor friend!

Er, only on season 2!!!!!!!!
Balaclava man might be Farmer all along, but you may be right, Otta. There was the significant phone call to him just before Arnott was attacked.
And Broadchurch isn't worth watching.
I think Balaclava man is the new copper......James/Jamie....
I have a hunch on that too J09
Can you let us know when you're going to unleash spoilers please. My point was that I am only on season 2, and I don't want to know anything about season 4.

Thanks.
Rolo Tomasi Wrote:

> Otta Wrote:
--------------------------------------------------
-----

> Ooo, and Big Little Lies is great!

It's so good. The soundtrack is brilliant too
[open.spotify.com]
nmPZQAE0dX44OF6DXDcE

Hell yes. Been listening to this LOADS in the past couple of weeks, since zooming through the season.

Guy's voice is phenomenal, as are his band. Anyone that likes music should watch this.
No spoilers Otta, all complete speculation!

I did love Jamie's timing on the "Sir... My name's Jamie" line!
Lakewell is Balaklava man ? Huntley protecting him because they had an affair?
Huntley is insane?
Farmer did do it and his Nan has just found some of the girl's remains in the freezer and buried them herself?
Dunno but last night's episode was so dark! I reckon Huntley will wake up and it's all been a bad dream.
Nah......Huntley's harmless.....
Well, I don't know then. I'm completely stumped.
I still think Farmer's Nan is the Big Cheese
Haha love it. She planted the evidence against him. That's pretty cold but nothing by LoD standards.

Ted is dodge. Or at least that's what the writers want us to think.
You're still watching it fc?

Original thread | JSON