East Dulwich (Mobile) Forum

Stolen Car BMW X3

We had our Car stolen last night between 10pm and 8:30am this morning. It is a black BMW X3 with a black roof box on it, registration YD08 XUG. It was on Goodrich road between Friern and Barry Road. If in the unlikely event you might see it abandoned on local streets please could you let me know.

Many thanks

T
I have informed the police of course as well as checking with Southwark Council car towing and pound facilities.
Sorry to hear you have been a victim of this. There is an ongoing spate of these thefts with high end motors being "lifted" in the early hours of the morning.

[www.se23.com]

If you own a such a motor suggest a really good movement sensor alarm PLUS a thick chain and giant padlock (something like this)between the steering wheel and peddles.

[www.tklink.co.uk]

I know its a faff every time you want to use the vehicle but this may deter potential thieves from taking what's your.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was march 09, 02:58pm by dbboy.

Sorry to hear about this TED.

With respect, the car is quite old and not all that valuable, so a strange target for a theft.

Did the thieves manage to get the keys somehow?
Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry to hear about this TED.
>
> With respect, the car is quite old and not all
> that valuable, so a strange target for a theft.
>
> Did the thieves manage to get the keys somehow?

Its easier to steal cars with no proper immobiliser. Newer cars are more difficult to steal due to them being run by a main computer.

Original thread | JSON