East Dulwich (Mobile) Forum

Film or TV crew on Dunstans Road

Anyone know what's going on? Looks as though they are filming inside one of the houses. Proper set with a catering tent!
A lot of houses around here are used as film locations.
I think they're filming something.
ruffers Wrote:

I think they're filming something.

winking smileywinking smiley
Almost certainly doing the filmings.
These filmings are good news.

Southwark Council gets revenue from issuing a permit to the filming company for using the public domain for commercial purposes.

HMRC gets a tax payment from the resident after the tax return showing the fee from the filming company is submitted.
You'll get around £1000/day for commercials filmed in your house.
I wonder if it is anything to do with the filming at Ivy House (Nick Hornby film)?
And you'll spend £10k restoring your property after a film crew's been through it. Make sure you get a lot of insurance before you let them in.
They are apparently filming a new Nutella advert! Not quite the Hollywood blockbuster I'd been hoping for!
worldwiser Wrote:

And you'll spend £10k restoring your property
after a film crew's been through it. Make sure you
get a lot of insurance before you let them in.

Its the Location Manager who ensures there's no damage and their insurance should cover it (as per the agreement you sign) but of course, accidents happen. It must be very rare for a property needing 10k of repairs. Have you some experience of extensive damage from a location shoot?
It's the production company's responsibility to make good any damage caused by filming. This can often be very expensive but nothing to do with your own insurance.

worldwiser Wrote:

And you'll spend £10k restoring your property
after a film crew's been through it. Make sure you
get a lot of insurance before you let them in.
'Damage' can include repainting a room to the client's preferred scheme - then of course, post-shoot, restoring to the original scheme - I have a friend whose main rooms get redecorated 2-3 times a year!
edcam Wrote:

It's the production company's responsibility to
make good any damage caused by filming. This can
often be very expensive but nothing to do with
your own insurance.

Is it prudent for the "host" to take out temporary additional public liability insurance as this commercial activity is unlikely to be covered by the "host's" regular insurance and as protection if a claim arises and the production company's insurance is defective?
Yes I have. Both as the recipient and the one in charge of a crew who caused damage so I guess it's a wash. Except the latter case was at one of the largest stately homes in England 😭 Location fee utterly dwarfed by the insurance claim.
There was filming on Lordship Lane on Monday night, a crew had completely taken over Dulwich Tandoori and the French House. I think I clocked Chris O' Dowd (IT crowd). Anyone get any info..?
Penguin68 - do you know which agency/website your friends use? We haven't had any bookings from the website we're registered with.
I think they are registered with a number of agencies, but I don't know which ones.

Original thread | JSON